Exceptional Matters, LLC
The goal of EMLLC is to effect lasting, substantive change through focused, specialized treatment of the child in his/her environment, i.e., the family structure, school setting, etc. EMLLC achieves this through:
1. Comprehensive, thorough assessment of the child and family and resultant implementation of an individualized treatment plan
2. Weekly individual and family counseling.
3. The introduction/implementation of effective behavioral strategies:
- Anger management
- Reinforcement of the integration of safety plans in the home
- Parent-child relationship building,
- Instruction in parenting skills
- Providing support in emotional self-regulation situational contexts
- Encouraging supportive sibling relationships with the child
- Developing healthy coping mechanisms
- Making healthy choices
- Interpersonal communication
- Guiding self-esteem
- Teaching and modeling adaptive behavior
4. Development of individualized service plans, quarterly service plans, monthly progress reports and discharge plans.
5. Crisis Intervention:
- Development of an initial crisis plan
- Post crisis debriefing
- Follow-up short term care of up to two weeks after the crisis, to include crisis recurrence reduction strategies.
Contact Information: For further information or to schedule an appointment for a free initial consultation, please call Exceptional Matters at: 469.544.9932. Dr. Jim Copeland PsyD,
Why choose EMLCC?
Why choose EMLCC?
EMLLC offers in home and mental health counseling services for individuals where they live and learn. Services are designed to meet the needs of individuals experiencing difficulties in their lives due to emotional, behavioral, and mental health issues. EMLLC provides each person with individualized services and training so they can function as successfully and independently as possible. Individualized services, assistance and training are tailored to a person’s needs so that they can more effectively manage life’s daily challenges and be better equipped to face future challenges. Connections with community resources and therapeutic services are provided to assist in developing the support system necessary to overcome barriers and more successfully manage mental and physical health-related issues.